العالم العربي
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

Wife Slams 'Disgraceful' £20m Divorce Pay-Out

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق اذهب الى الأسفل

Wife Slams 'Disgraceful' £20m Divorce Pay-Out Empty Wife Slams 'Disgraceful' £20m Divorce Pay-Out

مُساهمة من طرف Ch.Marwen الجمعة 22 نوفمبر 2013, 17:15

Wife Slams 'Disgraceful' £20m Divorce Pay-Out 9613554-1-1-1-522x293

The ex-wife of tycoon Scot Young has labelled her £20m divorce settlement "disgraceful", maintaining her estranged husband is worth billions.
But a High Court judge dismissed "wild" claims that he was hiding away hundreds of millions of pounds and ruled Mr Young is now worth just £40m.
In a statement, Michelle Young called her husband a "powerful maniac".
"It's disgraceful," she said. "I stand by what I said. He's worth billions."
Mr Young, 51, and his wife, who is 49, fought a bitter six-year legal battle in a case that saw retail billionaire Sir Philip Green give evidence.
The court heard claims that the couple spent £1m a year on restaurants and had "vast estates" as Mrs Young argued for a £300m settlement and a £25m house in London.
Mr Young claims he is now penniless and has debts of £28m.
In January, Mr Justice Moor imposed a six-month prison term on Mr Young after he failed to provide financial information to his wife in the run up to the trial.
The Youngs, who live in London and have two daughters, separated in 2006 after starting a relationship in 1989.
The court was told the couple enjoyed a "luxury marriage".
Mrs Young said she had been given a £1m wedding ring, that her husband would spent £5,000 a time at restaurants and once owned a boat worth millions.
She said their vast wealth justified a £300m settlement and that she had spent £1.6m fighting the case - which has dragged on for more than six years and 65 hearings.
But, in his judgement, Mr Justice Moor said Mrs Young had given honest but unreliable evidence.
"Extremely serious allegations have been bandied around like confetti. Some of these allegations can only be described as 'wild'," he said.
Mr Young's claims about his current wealth also had "serious evidential difficulties" admitted the judge, who criticised the behaviour of both parties.
He warned Mr Young that his £20m divorce debt would "exist for all time" and was not something he could run away from.
Top Shop owner Sir Philip, a friend of Mr Young's, also gave evidence to the case and said he had lent Mr Young £80,000 to help him with rent and housing costs.
"He confirmed that these were loans," said the judge, "made as a favour to the husband, which will be repaid if the husband is ever able to do so."
Mrs Young claimed her husband had faked his financial meltdown because he knew their marriage was on the rocks.
Speaking after the decision, Mrs Young said: "Many people will be watching this and think it's a fortune but at the moment all this order is is a piece of paper.
"This isn't over. Not for me. Not for my two daughters and not for Mr Young."
Asked about his wife's reaction to the ruling, Mr Young said: "Disgraceful? That was my wife's quote was it? No comment."
Ch.Marwen
Ch.Marwen
الادارة العليا
الادارة العليا

المتصفح : Google Chrome
الإقامة : Republic of Tunisia
الجنس : ذكر
عدد المساهمات : 25405
نقاط : 103330942
تقييم : 7859
تاريخ الميلاد : 14/01/1990
تاريخ التسجيل : 11/02/2012
العمر : 34

http://www.arabwoorld.com
-----

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى

• ©phpBB | منتدى مجاني | منتدى مجاني للدعم و المساعدة | التبليغ عن محتوى مخالف | آخر المواضيع